Here at Transcribe This, we take the safety of your data very seriously.
- Transcribe This are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), registration number Z2919531, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988.
- Data stored on our file storage system does not leave the European Economic Area (EEA), which is important because the ICO considers all countries within the EEA to have adequate data protection measures in place. Our website is hosted in the UK so that when you upload personal information or files to us they remain in the UK.
- Our website upload form does not encrypt data, but it does keep data stored within the UK. If you require encrypted file transfer or your file is larger than 20MB, please contact us to arrange secure file transfer. We have a service where data is encrypted for transfer and storage and stays within the EEA.
- We will keep your transcripts on our filing system for 12 months by default. Your audio files will be deleted from our system as soon as cleared payment has been received. We can also delete your transcripts from our system once cleared payment has been received, subject to written request.
- For added peace of mind, all our employees and sub-contractors have signed a confidentiality agreement with Transcribe This.